RVing with your Dog!
One of the reasons people buy RV's is because they want to take their dog with them wherever they go. There is nothing better than a pet friendly trip with all the comforts of home, this results in a much happier dogs!
Here are some things to look for, plan for and tips to make your four legged family member happy on your RV road trip.
- Dogs are not always allowed in RV parks, hiking trails, beaches or National Parks.
- Research your breaks, sight seeing, overnight stops before you leave so that you can be aware of where pets are welcomed.
- Best to discuss this with your Veterinarian before leaving (also a good idea to do a general helath visit before you leave)
- Make sure to pack the vacination certificates
- Start by making a list of everything your pet needs and uses on a daily basis
- You can always keep a leash, bowl, toys, etc. in your RV at all times so you don't have to worry about packing them each time
- Always have extra leashes and collars to allow for lost or broken ones and check for leash laws in the campground you are staying (some won't allow long leashes).
- Drinking Water - if your dog has a sensitive tummy this may avoid any upset
- Old towels
- Doggy waste bags, pick up what they leave
- You dogs favorite bed or blanket
- Sterile eye wash
- Tick remover tool
- Vet wrap
- Gauze & Telfa pads
- Medical tape
- Antiseptic wash or wipes
- Antibiotic ointment
- Latex gloves
- Benadryl - check doses with your Vet before leaving home